*Outfits worn by Whitney Houston in “The Bodyguard” are up for auction in Los Angeles next week, along with other pieces worn by the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears on the big screen and the red carpet.
The items have been added to the Dreier Collection sale for auction house Profiles in History, to be held on July 28.
Highlights include Houston’s Rachel Marron Queen of the Night costume, which was inspired by 1927 Fritz Lang classic Metropolis. Profiles spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer insists the Art Deco costume is sure to fetch up to $30,000, reports WENN. [Scroll down to see Whitney perform in the costume.]
“One cannot find a better costume worn by Whitney Houston – one of the greatest musical performers of all time – at the peak of her storied career,” she said.
Also available are Houston’s custom Fabrice Simon sequined gown she wore at the 1988 Grammy Awards, Spears’ sequined catsuit from her “Oops!…I Did It Again” performance at the 2000 Grammy Awards and the pop star’s dance costume from her “Circus” video.
J-Lo’s Eiko Ishioka costume from “The Cell,” complete with black and maroon accented wig, is also on the block.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here