*Outfits worn by Whitney Houston in “The Bodyguard” are up for auction in Los Angeles next week, along with other pieces worn by the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears on the big screen and the red carpet.
The items have been added to the Dreier Collection sale for auction house Profiles in History, to be held on July 28.
Highlights include Houston’s Rachel Marron Queen of the Night costume, which was inspired by 1927 Fritz Lang classic Metropolis. Profiles spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer insists the Art Deco costume is sure to fetch up to $30,000, reports WENN. [Scroll down to see Whitney perform in the costume.]
“One cannot find a better costume worn by Whitney Houston – one of the greatest musical performers of all time – at the peak of her storied career,” she said.
Also available are Houston’s custom Fabrice Simon sequined gown she wore at the 1988 Grammy Awards, Spears’ sequined catsuit from her “Oops!…I Did It Again” performance at the 2000 Grammy Awards and the pop star’s dance costume from her “Circus” video.
J-Lo’s Eiko Ishioka costume from “The Cell,” complete with black and maroon accented wig, is also on the block.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here