*Outfits worn by Whitney Houston in “The Bodyguard” are up for auction in Los Angeles next week, along with other pieces worn by the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears on the big screen and the red carpet.
The items have been added to the Dreier Collection sale for auction house Profiles in History, to be held on July 28.
Highlights include Houston’s Rachel Marron Queen of the Night costume, which was inspired by 1927 Fritz Lang classic Metropolis. Profiles spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer insists the Art Deco costume is sure to fetch up to $30,000, reports WENN. [Scroll down to see Whitney perform in the costume.]
“One cannot find a better costume worn by Whitney Houston – one of the greatest musical performers of all time – at the peak of her storied career,” she said.
Also available are Houston’s custom Fabrice Simon sequined gown she wore at the 1988 Grammy Awards, Spears’ sequined catsuit from her “Oops!…I Did It Again” performance at the 2000 Grammy Awards and the pop star’s dance costume from her “Circus” video.
J-Lo’s Eiko Ishioka costume from “The Cell,” complete with black and maroon accented wig, is also on the block.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here