*Outfits worn by Whitney Houston in “The Bodyguard” are up for auction in Los Angeles next week, along with other pieces worn by the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears on the big screen and the red carpet.
The items have been added to the Dreier Collection sale for auction house Profiles in History, to be held on July 28.
Highlights include Houston’s Rachel Marron Queen of the Night costume, which was inspired by 1927 Fritz Lang classic Metropolis. Profiles spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer insists the Art Deco costume is sure to fetch up to $30,000, reports WENN. [Scroll down to see Whitney perform in the costume.]
“One cannot find a better costume worn by Whitney Houston – one of the greatest musical performers of all time – at the peak of her storied career,” she said.
Also available are Houston’s custom Fabrice Simon sequined gown she wore at the 1988 Grammy Awards, Spears’ sequined catsuit from her “Oops!…I Did It Again” performance at the 2000 Grammy Awards and the pop star’s dance costume from her “Circus” video.
J-Lo’s Eiko Ishioka costume from “The Cell,” complete with black and maroon accented wig, is also on the block.
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here