*Will Smith is looking to make his directorial debut on a film about the biblical story of Cain and Abel, reports Deadline.com.
The project is in development at Sony and is being produced by Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment.
According to Deadline, the script has been in Smith’s sights for some time and has gone under the working title of “The Redemption of Cain.”
Deadline has confirmed that it’s now being developed as directing vehicle for Smith, who’ll likely star in the movie as well.
“Cain” isn’t the only biblical project on the horizon in Hollywood. Director Darren Aronofsky starts production with Russell Crowe on “Noah,” and both Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott have “Moses” projects in development.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here