*Will Smith is looking to make his directorial debut on a film about the biblical story of Cain and Abel, reports Deadline.com.
The project is in development at Sony and is being produced by Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment.
According to Deadline, the script has been in Smith’s sights for some time and has gone under the working title of “The Redemption of Cain.”
Deadline has confirmed that it’s now being developed as directing vehicle for Smith, who’ll likely star in the movie as well.
“Cain” isn’t the only biblical project on the horizon in Hollywood. Director Darren Aronofsky starts production with Russell Crowe on “Noah,” and both Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott have “Moses” projects in development.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here