*Will Smith is looking to make his directorial debut on a film about the biblical story of Cain and Abel, reports Deadline.com.
The project is in development at Sony and is being produced by Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment.
According to Deadline, the script has been in Smith’s sights for some time and has gone under the working title of “The Redemption of Cain.”
Deadline has confirmed that it’s now being developed as directing vehicle for Smith, who’ll likely star in the movie as well.
“Cain” isn’t the only biblical project on the horizon in Hollywood. Director Darren Aronofsky starts production with Russell Crowe on “Noah,” and both Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott have “Moses” projects in development.
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here