*Will Smith is looking to make his directorial debut on a film about the biblical story of Cain and Abel, reports Deadline.com.
The project is in development at Sony and is being produced by Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment.
According to Deadline, the script has been in Smith’s sights for some time and has gone under the working title of “The Redemption of Cain.”
Deadline has confirmed that it’s now being developed as directing vehicle for Smith, who’ll likely star in the movie as well.
“Cain” isn’t the only biblical project on the horizon in Hollywood. Director Darren Aronofsky starts production with Russell Crowe on “Noah,” and both Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott have “Moses” projects in development.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here