*(Philadelphia, PA) – Long-time Philadelphia Activist, Philanthropist, and Entertainment Insider, Charlie Mack, in partnership with AmeriHealth Mercy Foundation, Keystone Mercy Health Plan, Global Fusion Festival, and Sheraton Hotels are proud to present the 9th Annual Charlie Mack Party for Peace Celebrity Weekend taking place throughout various Philadelphia locations July 20-22, 2012. As in past years, Charlie Mack Party 4 Peace Celebrity Weekend will bring together unparalleled celebrity support including a host of Hollywood stars, recording artists, and professional athletes. Proceeds raised during the weekend will benefit local non-profit, the Charlie Mack Cares Center, a place of refuge for inner-city children founded by Mack in Southwest Philadelphia.
Will and Jaden will present Charlie Mack with the “I Am Great” award as part of Friday’s festivities at Drexel University’s Academy of the Arts. This trip home for Will is not about business or photo-ops, but contributing and celebrating a friend, so interviews won’t be granted as he enjoys the weekend’s festivities.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Started in 1990 solely as a celebrity basketball game, The Charlie Mack Party 4 Peace Celebrity Weekend has evolved into a charitable benefit to raise awareness and money for organizations such as: Yesha Ministries that work tirelessly to provide counsel and specialized programming for at risk youth. This year’s weekend features a number of activities that include: “I WILL BE GREAT” formal dinner honoring outstanding Philadelphia youth, Charlie Mack’s Talented Teens Competition, Annual All White Affair, Annual Fashion Show, Comedy Show, Healthy Hoops and Asthma Clinic, and the weekend’s highlight of a visit to Philadelphia’s local youth detention center.
“Charlie Mack Cares Family Foundation was founded on the premise of being of movement not a monument. We are excited about this year’s weekend as it brings us one step closer to providing an open door of light for the youth of Philadelphia. I am humbled, inspired, and grateful for the support of my brothers: Will & Jaden Smith, Michael Rashid & Maria Battle of AmeriHealth Mercy Foundation & Keystone Mercy Health Plan, and the other notable talent who have embraced the vision of investing in our youth,” states Mack.
“This is our fifth year collaborating with the Charlie Mack Party for Peace weekend. Charlie has been an advocate for the health and welfare of the children in our community. His support for the Healthy Hoops Program demonstrates his ongoing compassion and caring for the kids. Congratulations, Charlie, we are excited about this year’s program.” – Maria Pajil Battle, President, AmeriHealth Mercy Foundation
A sampling of the collection of notable people volunteering their time for the Charlie Mack’s weekend includes:
- AJ Calloway (Correspondent to EXTRA)
- Terry Crews (Star “Earn Stripes”, The Expendables 2 Co-Star, and Former NFL player)
- Hill Harper (Actor on “CSI:NY” and Notable Author)
- Duane Martin (Notable Actor & Notable Licensed Sports Agent)
- Tisha Campbell-Martin ( Notable Actress)
- Lou Williams (Guard for the Atlanta Hawks NBA franchise)
- Raheem Brock (Defensive End for the Seattle Seahawks NFL franchise/Philly native)
- Rev. Run (Legendary Music Artist & Pastor)
- Sheree Whitfield (Former Co-Star of “Real Housewives of Atlanta”)
For additional event information, visit www.charliemackcelebrityweekend.com
Syreta J. Oglesby (SJO PR)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here