*One day after Beyonce’s ode to Michelle Obama was released, fellow singer Alicia Keys was in Philadelphia on Monday touting President Obama as part of the “Women Vote 2012 Summit” at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
According to TheHill.com, Keys sent out a flurry of tweets during the campaign events she attended throughout the day, including the West Philly field office – which she called the “heart [and] soul of the campaign.”
Keys joined White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett and Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) for the event, according to the Philadelphia Tribune.
“As a mother and a daughter, I know there is too much at stake in the upcoming elections to sit on the sidelines,” Keys said in a statement. “In his three years in office, President Obama has been an advocate for us since day one — from making health care more accessible and affordable to ensuring women can fight for equal pay for an equal day’s work. He has proven that he has the people in his heart! As a new mom, I am going to do everything I can to re-elect the president because this election will determine where we go as a country and what kind of world my child will grow up in.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addition Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here