*One day after Beyonce’s ode to Michelle Obama was released, fellow singer Alicia Keys was in Philadelphia on Monday touting President Obama as part of the “Women Vote 2012 Summit” at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
According to TheHill.com, Keys sent out a flurry of tweets during the campaign events she attended throughout the day, including the West Philly field office – which she called the “heart [and] soul of the campaign.”
Keys joined White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett and Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) for the event, according to the Philadelphia Tribune.
“As a mother and a daughter, I know there is too much at stake in the upcoming elections to sit on the sidelines,” Keys said in a statement. “In his three years in office, President Obama has been an advocate for us since day one — from making health care more accessible and affordable to ensuring women can fight for equal pay for an equal day’s work. He has proven that he has the people in his heart! As a new mom, I am going to do everything I can to re-elect the president because this election will determine where we go as a country and what kind of world my child will grow up in.”
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here