*One day after Beyonce’s ode to Michelle Obama was released, fellow singer Alicia Keys was in Philadelphia on Monday touting President Obama as part of the “Women Vote 2012 Summit” at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
According to TheHill.com, Keys sent out a flurry of tweets during the campaign events she attended throughout the day, including the West Philly field office – which she called the “heart [and] soul of the campaign.”
Keys joined White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett and Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) for the event, according to the Philadelphia Tribune.
“As a mother and a daughter, I know there is too much at stake in the upcoming elections to sit on the sidelines,” Keys said in a statement. “In his three years in office, President Obama has been an advocate for us since day one — from making health care more accessible and affordable to ensuring women can fight for equal pay for an equal day’s work. He has proven that he has the people in his heart! As a new mom, I am going to do everything I can to re-elect the president because this election will determine where we go as a country and what kind of world my child will grow up in.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here