The presiding judge in is expected to rule today on whether he will allow the man who killed an unarmed Trayvon Martin to be released for a second time as he awaits trial, reports CBS Miami.
Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester delayed his decision Friday, telling prosecutors and Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara that he needed more time to weigh all the evidence and testimony from a forensic accountant, Zimmerman’s father Robert, and an EMT on the scene the night of the fatal shooting of Miami teen Trayvon Martin.
The finances of George and Shellie Zimmerman were the primary focus of last week’s hearing, as that was the primary reason for Zimmerman’s bail revocation in June.
The first person brought to the stand was Adam Magill, a forensic account hired by Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara.
Magill said from April 9th through 25th a website set up to collect funds for Zimmerman’s defense collected approximately $200,000. Of that amount, Zimmerman withdrew $124,000 which he transferred to his wife’s account, according to Magill. After several transfers back and forth, Magill said the money was then transferred to a trust account set up by O’Mara and then to his defense fund. Magill said he does not know if Zimmerman himself made the transfers, only that someone with access to his account did.
Magill said $24,000 was transferred directly from Paypal to the defense fund. After April 25th the website was taken down and was replaced by another one set up by O’Mara.
Read/learn more at CBS Miami.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here