A new study from NewMediaMetrics (NMM) confims your thoughts, so to speak, especially when it comes to media companies.
On average, according to the New York-based marketing firm’s report, blacks are 7 percentage points more attached to broadcast and cable channels while showing 5 percentage points more affinity toward digital properties.
NMM conducted an online survey of more than 2,500 black and white adults in April and May, asking them questions designed to demonstrate emotional attachment to brands. The research involved 368 brands, 66 television properties, 150 websites, 94 magazines
The study revealed the top five brands among blacks in this order:
Lexus (64 percent)
Google Search (62 percent)
Mercedes-Benz (61 percent)
Google (60 percent)
iPod (59 percent);
and iPhone (59 percent).
Other brands that are more popular with African Americans than whites include General Motors, Slim Fast, Tide, Fidelity, Ragu, Walmart, Levi’s, Campbell’s and Lowe’s.
Read/learn more at Adweek.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here