Nigerian born Mo Abudu, a television talk show host of “Moments with Mo,” producer, and overall media personality is actually a pioneer where she comes from.
Her show is the first syndicated daily talk show, which covers lifestyle, health, culture, entertainment and more, on African regional television and rakes in millions of viewers, according to Shadow and Act.
Although she doesn’t much like the title, she’s become known as “Africa’s Oprah Winfrey” for her popularity and successful coverage of hot topics.
Her new channel will be a bigger reflection of her life’s work, celebrating the lives and accomplishments of Africans and providing representation from around the continent.
“The goal of the new network is to produce content that gives young people hope across the continent [a group that she says remains underserved by African media, apart from music-driven channels like MTV Base]. These are the people that 10 years from now are going to be running the continent, and we’re not engaging them. We want to make sure that the content we produce has global appeal… The vision is a global vision for EbonyLife.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here