The classic soul-singer is bragging about her first album in seven years, “Only Forever.”
But it’s something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
“I just had this concept of walking into a digital universe with an analog heart (on ‘Only Forever’),” Baker told The BoomBox. “So we’re kind of marrying the two. I started cutting analog down in Nashville, and once I knew what we were gonna do, we bounced it over to the digital format so that the 21st century producers like Harvey Mason, Jr., could manipulate it. “I was just very focused on getting some analog energy in there somewhere. So it’s a lovely bridge that I’m trying to build tech-wise as well as musically.”
She’s thinking i an innovative way, sort of like a reverse youngster in the game of music. The singer’s decided to revamp Tyrese’s song, “Lately” and bring it back with her own touch.
The pair, who are close friends, were both excited about the piece, so much so that Tyrese will appear on one of the updated versions of the song on the new album.
Until then listen to “Lately,” minus Tyrese, below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here