The classic soul-singer is bragging about her first album in seven years, “Only Forever.”
But it’s something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
“I just had this concept of walking into a digital universe with an analog heart (on ‘Only Forever’),” Baker told The BoomBox. “So we’re kind of marrying the two. I started cutting analog down in Nashville, and once I knew what we were gonna do, we bounced it over to the digital format so that the 21st century producers like Harvey Mason, Jr., could manipulate it. “I was just very focused on getting some analog energy in there somewhere. So it’s a lovely bridge that I’m trying to build tech-wise as well as musically.”
She’s thinking i an innovative way, sort of like a reverse youngster in the game of music. The singer’s decided to revamp Tyrese’s song, “Lately” and bring it back with her own touch.
The pair, who are close friends, were both excited about the piece, so much so that Tyrese will appear on one of the updated versions of the song on the new album.
Until then listen to “Lately,” minus Tyrese, below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here