*Aretha Franklin has been inducted into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame along with country and bluegrass star Ricky Skaggs, singer-songwriter Dallas Holm, family group The Hoppers, the late televangelist Rex Humbard and Christian rockers Love Song.
Franklin wasn’t able to attend the induction at Trinity Music City in Hendersonville, Tenn., but sent a video message that played during the ceremony.
Long before she became the queen of soul, Franklin learned to perform as a budding star in her father Rev. C.L. Franklin’s New Bethel Baptist Church in Detroit.
Christian stars Jaci Velasquez and Jason Crabb, who performed Skagg’s signature song “Somebody’s Prayin’,” hosted the event. Dailey & Vincent and Michael W. Smith were among presenters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here