*Aretha Franklin has been inducted into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame along with country and bluegrass star Ricky Skaggs, singer-songwriter Dallas Holm, family group The Hoppers, the late televangelist Rex Humbard and Christian rockers Love Song.
Franklin wasn’t able to attend the induction at Trinity Music City in Hendersonville, Tenn., but sent a video message that played during the ceremony.
Long before she became the queen of soul, Franklin learned to perform as a budding star in her father Rev. C.L. Franklin’s New Bethel Baptist Church in Detroit.
Christian stars Jaci Velasquez and Jason Crabb, who performed Skagg’s signature song “Somebody’s Prayin’,” hosted the event. Dailey & Vincent and Michael W. Smith were among presenters.
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here