*Aretha Franklin has been inducted into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame along with country and bluegrass star Ricky Skaggs, singer-songwriter Dallas Holm, family group The Hoppers, the late televangelist Rex Humbard and Christian rockers Love Song.
Franklin wasn’t able to attend the induction at Trinity Music City in Hendersonville, Tenn., but sent a video message that played during the ceremony.
Long before she became the queen of soul, Franklin learned to perform as a budding star in her father Rev. C.L. Franklin’s New Bethel Baptist Church in Detroit.
Christian stars Jaci Velasquez and Jason Crabb, who performed Skagg’s signature song “Somebody’s Prayin’,” hosted the event. Dailey & Vincent and Michael W. Smith were among presenters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here