*Aretha Franklin has been inducted into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame along with country and bluegrass star Ricky Skaggs, singer-songwriter Dallas Holm, family group The Hoppers, the late televangelist Rex Humbard and Christian rockers Love Song.
Franklin wasn’t able to attend the induction at Trinity Music City in Hendersonville, Tenn., but sent a video message that played during the ceremony.
Long before she became the queen of soul, Franklin learned to perform as a budding star in her father Rev. C.L. Franklin’s New Bethel Baptist Church in Detroit.
Christian stars Jaci Velasquez and Jason Crabb, who performed Skagg’s signature song “Somebody’s Prayin’,” hosted the event. Dailey & Vincent and Michael W. Smith were among presenters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here