*(Via NBC LA) – Last September, Gen. Marcia Anderson became the first black woman with two stars in the Army or Army Reserve, and says despite 237 years with no female Major Generals, equality abounds in the military.
“Currently, and I’m very proud of this fact, women serve in 93 percent of all army occupations, and women comprise 13.5 percent of the active army,” Anderson said.
Anderson spoke in advance of Women’s Equality Day on Aug. 26, which was founded by the late politician and feminist icon Bella Abzug.
“She was the first Jewish woman to be elected to the House of Representatives,” Anderson said. “One of her famous quotes is, ‘Women belong in the house. The House of Representatives.’”
Read/learn more at NBC Los Angeles.
Watch this video report from NBC Los Angeles:
View more videos at: http://nbclosangeles.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here