*While Paris Jackson mulls getting a tattoo of her late father’s birth date to mark his Aug. 29 birthday, Whitney Houston’s daughter and adopted son marked their late mom’s 49th birthday — the first since her death — by getting memorial tattoos of doves, reports the New York Daily News.
Daughter Bobbi Kristina, 19, and brother-turned-boyfriend Nick Gordon visited Inksomnia Tattoo in Alpharetta, Ga., Wednesday night to get matching designs on their right wrists featuring the singer’s initials, a quartet of the beloved birds of peace and two small crosses.
“The doves have a spiritual connotation, flying free I suppose,” said Inksomnia owner Mike Cummings, who personally inked Kristina while another artist handled Gordon.
Cummings said the couple walked in with a film crew for their new reality TV series and outlined their vision for the indelible memorial to the singer.
“They were happy at times, and sad at others. When you would talk about their mom, they got sad, but we tried to keep their spirits up,” Cummings told the Daily News.
The daughter of the late music icon posted a photo of the new body art on Twitter.
“Tat tat tatted YURP.. 😉 now your truly ALWAYS with us mommy (: we love you,” tweeted Kristina, who has been an Inksomnia customer ever since her mom took her there at age 15 to get her belly button pierced.
Gordon, 22, was informally adopted by Houston as a minor and caused a stir when he began dating Bobbi Kristina shortly after the singer’s death.
“Happy Birthday Mom You will be forever missed,” he wrote on Twitter Thursday.
The couple is filming the reality show, “The Houston Chronicles” for Lifetime.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here