*While Paris Jackson mulls getting a tattoo of her late father’s birth date to mark his Aug. 29 birthday, Whitney Houston’s daughter and adopted son marked their late mom’s 49th birthday — the first since her death — by getting memorial tattoos of doves, reports the New York Daily News.
Daughter Bobbi Kristina, 19, and brother-turned-boyfriend Nick Gordon visited Inksomnia Tattoo in Alpharetta, Ga., Wednesday night to get matching designs on their right wrists featuring the singer’s initials, a quartet of the beloved birds of peace and two small crosses.
“The doves have a spiritual connotation, flying free I suppose,” said Inksomnia owner Mike Cummings, who personally inked Kristina while another artist handled Gordon.
Cummings said the couple walked in with a film crew for their new reality TV series and outlined their vision for the indelible memorial to the singer.
“They were happy at times, and sad at others. When you would talk about their mom, they got sad, but we tried to keep their spirits up,” Cummings told the Daily News.
The daughter of the late music icon posted a photo of the new body art on Twitter.
“Tat tat tatted YURP.. 😉 now your truly ALWAYS with us mommy (: we love you,” tweeted Kristina, who has been an Inksomnia customer ever since her mom took her there at age 15 to get her belly button pierced.
Gordon, 22, was informally adopted by Houston as a minor and caused a stir when he began dating Bobbi Kristina shortly after the singer’s death.
“Happy Birthday Mom You will be forever missed,” he wrote on Twitter Thursday.
The couple is filming the reality show, “The Houston Chronicles” for Lifetime.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here