In a recent interview, she reveals that she’s working on the music video for her new single, “Put It Down,” featuring Chris Brown. Hmm.
Leaving his past in the past, she told The Insider, “He’s a genius.”
“We all have our struggle. We all have our path, you know, but I do think the things we go through make us who we are and it makes us better. It makes us learn and discover new things about ourselves … so I’m happy to work with him, he’s great.”
“Two Eleven,” not only titled after her birthday, but also a memorial to her idol and close friend, Whitney Houston.
“That day just … it means so much to me, that day. And I just want to continue to live my life with purpose and make her proud, and that’s my way of [paying] tribute to her,” she explained.
“One of the last things she said to me was, ‘Nobody can be you, just be you, don’t be afraid to be you …’ and you know, at the time it was just like, ‘Okay.’ But when you lose someone, and that’s one of the last things they say, you just want to continue to do the best you can do for yourself and be the greatest version of yourself … and that’s hard.”
“Two Eleven” will be out on Oct. 16.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here