*First he’s hit by LL Cool J, now he’s hit with burglary charges.
The homeless man beaten down by LL Cool J has been charged with burglary.
Jonathan Kirby, the homeless man caught red-handed by the rapper after allegedly breaking into his California home, was charged on Thursday with first-degree burglary with a person present and faces a maximum of 38 years to life in prison if convicted. Prosecutors are asking bail be set at $1.1 million.
No arraignment date has been set and it wasn’t immediately known if Kirby, 56, has retained an attorney, reports the AP.
Kirby remains in a hospital with a broken nose, jaw and ribs after the early Wednesday altercation with the “NCIS: Los Angeles” actor, authorities said. LL Cool J held Kirby until police arrived and wasn’t injured.
Kirby has a criminal record, including convictions for voluntary manslaughter in Dallas nearly 25 years ago, along with burglary and petty theft.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here