*An actress of 15 years, Carmen Ejogo has appeared in sevaral films (“Lakawana Blues,” “Sally Hemings”), but playing the role of Sister, the complex central character in “Sparkle”, gave Ejogo a chance to display her range of talent, which includes singing.
For Ejogo, “Sparkle” just might ignite a second career.
“Singing is something I have a lot of passion for, but I’ve never really made enough space for it because I’ve really focused on being an actress.”
“Sparkle” was the first opportunity the British born starlet had to sing and act. She says she’s “no Whitney” but has been bitten by the singing bug and is eager to do more of it.
Movie-goers this weekend will hear plenty of her newly revealed gift, as in the film she has 6 songs to her little sister Sparkle’s 2 (played by former American idol and Jordin Sparks).
Ejogo will appear in the feature film “Alex Cross” as Tyler Perry’s wife later this Fall. Check out our interview where she talks about “Sparkle,” her love for music and her next role:
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here