*An actress of 15 years, Carmen Ejogo has appeared in sevaral films (“Lakawana Blues,” “Sally Hemings”), but playing the role of Sister, the complex central character in “Sparkle”, gave Ejogo a chance to display her range of talent, which includes singing.
For Ejogo, “Sparkle” just might ignite a second career.
“Singing is something I have a lot of passion for, but I’ve never really made enough space for it because I’ve really focused on being an actress.”
“Sparkle” was the first opportunity the British born starlet had to sing and act. She says she’s “no Whitney” but has been bitten by the singing bug and is eager to do more of it.
Movie-goers this weekend will hear plenty of her newly revealed gift, as in the film she has 6 songs to her little sister Sparkle’s 2 (played by former American idol and Jordin Sparks).
Ejogo will appear in the feature film “Alex Cross” as Tyler Perry’s wife later this Fall. Check out our interview where she talks about “Sparkle,” her love for music and her next role:
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here