*An actress of 15 years, Carmen Ejogo has appeared in sevaral films (“Lakawana Blues,” “Sally Hemings”), but playing the role of Sister, the complex central character in “Sparkle”, gave Ejogo a chance to display her range of talent, which includes singing.
For Ejogo, “Sparkle” just might ignite a second career.
“Singing is something I have a lot of passion for, but I’ve never really made enough space for it because I’ve really focused on being an actress.”
“Sparkle” was the first opportunity the British born starlet had to sing and act. She says she’s “no Whitney” but has been bitten by the singing bug and is eager to do more of it.
Movie-goers this weekend will hear plenty of her newly revealed gift, as in the film she has 6 songs to her little sister Sparkle’s 2 (played by former American idol and Jordin Sparks).
Ejogo will appear in the feature film “Alex Cross” as Tyler Perry’s wife later this Fall. Check out our interview where she talks about “Sparkle,” her love for music and her next role:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here