*An actress of 15 years, Carmen Ejogo has appeared in sevaral films (“Lakawana Blues,” “Sally Hemings”), but playing the role of Sister, the complex central character in “Sparkle”, gave Ejogo a chance to display her range of talent, which includes singing.
For Ejogo, “Sparkle” just might ignite a second career.
“Singing is something I have a lot of passion for, but I’ve never really made enough space for it because I’ve really focused on being an actress.”
“Sparkle” was the first opportunity the British born starlet had to sing and act. She says she’s “no Whitney” but has been bitten by the singing bug and is eager to do more of it.
Movie-goers this weekend will hear plenty of her newly revealed gift, as in the film she has 6 songs to her little sister Sparkle’s 2 (played by former American idol and Jordin Sparks).
Ejogo will appear in the feature film “Alex Cross” as Tyler Perry’s wife later this Fall. Check out our interview where she talks about “Sparkle,” her love for music and her next role:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here