*An actress of 15 years, Carmen Ejogo has appeared in sevaral films (“Lakawana Blues,” “Sally Hemings”), but playing the role of Sister, the complex central character in “Sparkle”, gave Ejogo a chance to display her range of talent, which includes singing.
For Ejogo, “Sparkle” just might ignite a second career.
“Singing is something I have a lot of passion for, but I’ve never really made enough space for it because I’ve really focused on being an actress.”
“Sparkle” was the first opportunity the British born starlet had to sing and act. She says she’s “no Whitney” but has been bitten by the singing bug and is eager to do more of it.
Movie-goers this weekend will hear plenty of her newly revealed gift, as in the film she has 6 songs to her little sister Sparkle’s 2 (played by former American idol and Jordin Sparks).
Ejogo will appear in the feature film “Alex Cross” as Tyler Perry’s wife later this Fall. Check out our interview where she talks about “Sparkle,” her love for music and her next role:
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here