*Positioning oneself to even think of auditioning for the role to portray the late Whitney Houston in a biopic is enough to make your head hurt.
No really. You know how it is when a big star passes, someone of Whitney Houston’s ilk. They become even bigger in death. Who can live up to that? According to the cast of ‘Sparkle’ – the movie the late singer was working on before her untimely death last February – nobody can.
There has been talk of a possible movie about the life of the late singer and some names have been thrown around about who is up to the task of taking on the role. Meagan Good was the very first to show interest; and even went as far as to say thatHoustonwould have approved of the casting.
It had all been just idle gossip, but when the star suddenly died, the talk became more serious. Tika Sumpter, a co-star in ‘Sparkle’ has also been a name thrown into the mix to play the singer. But quite frankly, the ladies of the remake don’t think anyone is up to the task.
“I don’t know. Whitney had such a strength…she was just one in a million. She had everything. She had the humility, she had the ‘it’ factor, she had the sense of humor,” Jordin Sparks, flanked by Tika and Carmen, told TheUrbanDaily.com. “Find somebody who has all of that, and maybe they’ll be able to do it.”
OK, here’s a little test EUR readers, say you are the casting director, and these two ladies are top runners, which one would you choose and why? Let us know by your comments! We’re waiting…
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here