*Cee Lo Green, currently a mentor/judge on NBC’s “The Voice,” has been appointed Chief Creative Officer of Primary Wave Music, the management, marketing and music publishing company with which he signed in 2010.
In this new capacity, Green will serve less as a client and more “as a true partner,” says Larry Mestel, founder and CEO of Primary Wave in a statement released on Thursday. “He is a master creator, unique visionary, charismatic entertainer, and deceptively brilliant strategist, a true quadruple threat.”
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter just prior to the announcement, Mestel explained further. “We’ve formed this incredible personal bond in two years, and CeeLo is very excited and participatory in our business, so we wanted to do it in a bigger way and give him a piece of the company,” he says. As for Green’s CCO duties, Mestel says they “will be very high level — artists can plug into him for advice, he may look at artwork or write with an artist. It covers the myriad of things that he can potentially do.”
That includes the “creative planning” of Primary Wave’s annual pre-Grammy party as well as the company’s annual managers’ brunch. The experience will also “help build out his executive skills,” adds Mestel. Green is also managed by Primary Wave Music.
Next for Green, his appearance in the movie “Sparkle,” opening Aug. 17. He’s also producing his own Vegas residency show called “Loberace,” kicking off at Planet Hollywood in February 2013 and releasing a book next year as well as a new Goodie Mob album called “Age Against The Machine.” That’s on top of his highly anticipated follow-up to his 2011 album “The Lady Killer,” tentatively titled “CeeLo Green Is… Everybody’s Brother.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here