*Cee Lo Green, currently a mentor/judge on NBC’s “The Voice,” has been appointed Chief Creative Officer of Primary Wave Music, the management, marketing and music publishing company with which he signed in 2010.
In this new capacity, Green will serve less as a client and more “as a true partner,” says Larry Mestel, founder and CEO of Primary Wave in a statement released on Thursday. “He is a master creator, unique visionary, charismatic entertainer, and deceptively brilliant strategist, a true quadruple threat.”
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter just prior to the announcement, Mestel explained further. “We’ve formed this incredible personal bond in two years, and CeeLo is very excited and participatory in our business, so we wanted to do it in a bigger way and give him a piece of the company,” he says. As for Green’s CCO duties, Mestel says they “will be very high level — artists can plug into him for advice, he may look at artwork or write with an artist. It covers the myriad of things that he can potentially do.”
That includes the “creative planning” of Primary Wave’s annual pre-Grammy party as well as the company’s annual managers’ brunch. The experience will also “help build out his executive skills,” adds Mestel. Green is also managed by Primary Wave Music.
Next for Green, his appearance in the movie “Sparkle,” opening Aug. 17. He’s also producing his own Vegas residency show called “Loberace,” kicking off at Planet Hollywood in February 2013 and releasing a book next year as well as a new Goodie Mob album called “Age Against The Machine.” That’s on top of his highly anticipated follow-up to his 2011 album “The Lady Killer,” tentatively titled “CeeLo Green Is… Everybody’s Brother.”
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here