As we’ve noted, and the world knows, Johnson also got booted from his $975,000 a year contract with the Miami Dolphins. Also, Johnson and Lozada lost their Vh1 reality show, “Ev and Ocho,” before it even aired.
All of this happened in the wake of his arrest on Saturday for domestic violence. A source close to now unemployed footballer says Johnson’s family is “heartbroken” by the incident.
“We all had high hopes. He was with the team of his choice, he was finally back home,” the friend said. Johnson grew up in Miami Beach, and was a star football player on the Miami Beach Senior High School football team, according to theGriot. “He’s always wanted to be a Miami Dolphin – it’s the highlight of his career. He’s 34 years old.”
“It’s heartbreaking for the entire family,” the family friend said, adding that Johnson’s grandmother, who recently was released from the hospital following a fall, is “heartbroken” over the arrest and Johnson being fired by the Dolphins.
After being released on a $2,500 bond Sunday, the football star is hoping to reconcile with his wife.
In the meantime, although family supports the union, the friend said it was always questionable.
“Did the family embrace Evelyn? Absolutely, because that was his choice,” the friend said. “Were they wondering, is this gonna work? Absolutely. Who wouldn’t be concerned?”
According to police reports, Lozada claims he head-butted her during an argument while sitting in a car. Supposedly she hit him first after discovering a receipt for a condom purchase.
The reality television star then ran to a neighbor and apparently arrived with lacerations on her head.
Out of work, on the verge of losing a wife, Chad is in bad shape right now and isn’t in a good position to get on a winning team, either.
Meanwhile, it was inevitable, but TMZ is reporting that Johnson has a prior history of domestic abuse .
the former NFL star was secretly found guilty of battering a woman in 2000 … 12 years before he allegedly struck again.
According to court records obtained by TMZ, Johnson was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery in L.A. on February 7, 2000 … just before he began playing football for Oregon State University.
Sources close to the case tell us the victim was his GF at the time … and she told police the football star had slapped her in the face after he accused her of cheating on him.
According to court records, Johnson — 22 years old at the time — pled no contest … and the court found him guilty of domestic battery.
Read/learn more at TMZ.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here