Just hours after we posted MadameNoire’s spotlighting of Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada as a celebrity couple who practically no one thought would ever make it, they self destruct.
Johnson, a wide receiver for the NFL’s Miami Dophins, was arrested Saturday over a domestic violence dispute for allegedly headbutting Evelyn.
The Miami Herald reports the couple got into an argument when Lozada, who married Johnson on the Fourth of July, found a receipt for condoms in their car. While parked in their driveway in Davie, Florida, Johnson allegedly headbutted her.
“She has a pretty good-sized laceration on her forehead,” Davie Police Capt. Dale Engle told the Miami Herald.
A neighbor reportedly witnessed the incident and called police.
The Dolphins released a short statement about the arrest.
“We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering all the relevant information,” team spokesman Harvey Greene told Pro Football Talk via email.
Johnson was taken to the Broward County Jail, and will likely stay behind bars until he can appear before a judge, which might not be until Monday.
Both Johnson and Lozada were heavily featured on the season premiere of “Hard Knocks,” the HBO reality show that chronicles an NFL team through training camp. This year it’s the Miami Dolphins. On the show, Johnson was reprimanded by coach Joe Philbin for the language he used during news conferences last week.
“You represent the organization, you represent everybody and it’s not the way we’re going to do it,” said Philbin. “We’re glad you’re here, like what you’re doing, but we all want to be on the same page as to how we portray this organization to the public.”
As he walked out of the Dolphins’ training facility on that first episode of “Hard Knocks,” Johnson jokingly told team officials, “I’m going to get arrested this weekend.”
Hmm, we wonder if he also predicted that he might get dropped by the team, as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here