After beating up his wife, getting fired from hisMiami Dopphins gig, and getting hit with divorce papers, the football player is losing an endorsement deal with coconut water brand Zico.
Should’ve kept the football practice on the field, dude. Companies don’t want wife beaters as their spokesmen, even if it was an alleged headbutt.
“The Zico brand is about supporting naturally powered athletes,” the company said in a statement. “We partnered with Chad Johnson because of our great respect for what he has achieved on the playing field. “However, in light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have decided to terminate our relationship. The values we espouse, through our employees, our customers, and our brand, are central to our mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate just how important those values are.”
He’ll likely lose other sponsors as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here