After beating up his wife, getting fired from hisMiami Dopphins gig, and getting hit with divorce papers, the football player is losing an endorsement deal with coconut water brand Zico.
Should’ve kept the football practice on the field, dude. Companies don’t want wife beaters as their spokesmen, even if it was an alleged headbutt.
“The Zico brand is about supporting naturally powered athletes,” the company said in a statement. “We partnered with Chad Johnson because of our great respect for what he has achieved on the playing field. “However, in light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have decided to terminate our relationship. The values we espouse, through our employees, our customers, and our brand, are central to our mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate just how important those values are.”
He’ll likely lose other sponsors as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- St. Louis Rams Receiver Stedman Baily Shot Twice in the Head
- Yuck Factor :( Guess Where This Woman Got the Yeast to Make Sourdough Bread?
- Will Smith on 20 Year Marriage to Jada: 'Grueling, Excruciating' (Watch)
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Should Nicole Arbour's ‘Dear Black People’ Video be Banned? (WATCH)
- The Big Reward in Trump's Perennial Race-Baiting
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here