After beating up his wife, getting fired from hisMiami Dopphins gig, and getting hit with divorce papers, the football player is losing an endorsement deal with coconut water brand Zico.
Should’ve kept the football practice on the field, dude. Companies don’t want wife beaters as their spokesmen, even if it was an alleged headbutt.
“The Zico brand is about supporting naturally powered athletes,” the company said in a statement. “We partnered with Chad Johnson because of our great respect for what he has achieved on the playing field. “However, in light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have decided to terminate our relationship. The values we espouse, through our employees, our customers, and our brand, are central to our mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate just how important those values are.”
He’ll likely lose other sponsors as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here