*Could this be the next Trayvon Martin type situation?
It very well could be because more and more observers are becoming concerned about the alleged “suicide” of Chavis Carter.
Carter is a man that police allege to have shot himself in the head in the back of a police car. Even the police chief of the town where Chavis died says that the case “defies logic at first glance.”
The 21-year old native of Jonesboro, Arkansas died from a single gunshot wound to the temple while handcuffed inside the back of a police car. Police had searched him, only to find $10 worth of marijuana.
“Definitely bizarre,” Jonesboro Police Chief Michael Yates said.
But in spite of his concerns about the case, Yates claims that the evidence supports the officers who made the arrest. But his version of the facts are being disputed by the victim’s family and the NAACP. Also, community leaders are comparing this case to that of Trayvon Martin.
A “Justice for Chavis Carter” Facebook page has been set up, where they are asking that the FBI “investigate whether police committed murder.”
Read/learn more at Black Blue Dog.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here