*Could this be the next Trayvon Martin type situation?
It very well could be because more and more observers are becoming concerned about the alleged “suicide” of Chavis Carter.
Carter is a man that police allege to have shot himself in the head in the back of a police car. Even the police chief of the town where Chavis died says that the case “defies logic at first glance.”
The 21-year old native of Jonesboro, Arkansas died from a single gunshot wound to the temple while handcuffed inside the back of a police car. Police had searched him, only to find $10 worth of marijuana.
“Definitely bizarre,” Jonesboro Police Chief Michael Yates said.
But in spite of his concerns about the case, Yates claims that the evidence supports the officers who made the arrest. But his version of the facts are being disputed by the victim’s family and the NAACP. Also, community leaders are comparing this case to that of Trayvon Martin.
A “Justice for Chavis Carter” Facebook page has been set up, where they are asking that the FBI “investigate whether police committed murder.”
Read/learn more at Black Blue Dog.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here