Despite three years passing and Rihanna forgiving her former flame, Chris Brown remains a constant target for media, blogosphere criticism.
He performed in February on the Grammy Awards stage, receiving scathing remarks for his long past actions. Three years isn’t enough to forget.
Since releasing his latest album, “Fortune,” the pop star couldn’t escape the iron fist of certain critics. Chad Taylor was simple:
“Chris Brown hits women. Enough said.”
Music critic and journalist Chloe Papas went all out on the new project, but gained quite the headlines for writing what is being called the best album review.
“Chris Brown has released his fifth studio album – a 19-track repugnant record that we can only hope will be his last,” she wrote.
Like EURweb on Facebook
She called Brown’s song “Till I Die” “a catastrophic misogynistic sh-t of a song,” and added that the entire album is “skitzy” with only two themes: “Unprotected sex is cool and partying is fun.”
But she made it abundantly clear where she was coming from. She concluded her review by saying it doesn’t matter how much talent the boy has, he’s a lady beater and shouldn’t be supported.
“Regardless of whether Chris Brown has any musical talent (he doesn’t) or whether this album is any good (it isn’t), the man recently brutally assaulted a woman, and is still regularly invited back to award shows and worshipped by ‘Breezy’ fans worldwide. Which is, frankly, disgusting. And for those of you out there saying you need to separate the music and the man: screw you, don’t encourage his actions. Final words: don’t buy this album.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here