In a recent interview with Details, the comedian talked about Trayvon Martin’s death and what he thinks killed Whitney Houston, among other things.
DETAILS: Is it too soon to make George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin jokes?
Chris Rock: There’s no joke there, unfortunately. It’s sad. When you get old, it’s like, “Damn it, I’ve seen this.” I’m from Bed-Stuy. I marched for Yusuf Hawkins, you know? I don’t totally agree with Bill Cosby. He said it wasn’t racial, it’s a gun issue. Well, it’s a gun-racial issue. You know what makes you approach a six-foot-three black guy in the middle of the night? A gun.
Like EURweb on Facebook
DETAILS: What did you think when you heard about Whitney Houston’s death?
Chris Rock: I’d known Whitney a little bit. She’s not dead because she was an addict. She’s dead because she was an addict who kept getting money. Chris Farley’s dead because he was an addict with 50 grand in his pocket.
DETAILS: Do you think Murphy will ever tour again?
Chris Rock: Barring financial ruin, I don’t think so. I think we’ll see a Richard Pryor hologram on tour before we see Eddie Murphy.
Read more of the interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here