In a recent interview with Details, the comedian talked about Trayvon Martin’s death and what he thinks killed Whitney Houston, among other things.
DETAILS: Is it too soon to make George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin jokes?
Chris Rock: There’s no joke there, unfortunately. It’s sad. When you get old, it’s like, “Damn it, I’ve seen this.” I’m from Bed-Stuy. I marched for Yusuf Hawkins, you know? I don’t totally agree with Bill Cosby. He said it wasn’t racial, it’s a gun issue. Well, it’s a gun-racial issue. You know what makes you approach a six-foot-three black guy in the middle of the night? A gun.
Like EURweb on Facebook
DETAILS: What did you think when you heard about Whitney Houston’s death?
Chris Rock: I’d known Whitney a little bit. She’s not dead because she was an addict. She’s dead because she was an addict who kept getting money. Chris Farley’s dead because he was an addict with 50 grand in his pocket.
DETAILS: Do you think Murphy will ever tour again?
Chris Rock: Barring financial ruin, I don’t think so. I think we’ll see a Richard Pryor hologram on tour before we see Eddie Murphy.
Read more of the interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here