*(Via The Ticket) – President Barack Obama told cheering supporters at a fundraiser in Connecticut on Monday that Mitt Romney’s tax plan would raise taxes on middle-class Americans to pay for a tax cut benefiting the very rich: “It’s like Robin Hood in reverse. It’s Romney Hood.” His remarks drew laughter and applause.
Obama pointed to a recent study of Romney’s approach by the independent Tax Policy Center that speculated that, to pay for his proposed tax cut on the wealthiest Americans, the former Massachusetts governor would have to end popular measures like the mortgage and child deductions and the Earned Income Tax Credit — which chiefly benefit middle-class and poor Americans.
“He’d ask the middle class to pay more in taxes so that he could give another $250,000 tax cut to people making more than three million dollars a year,” Obama said.
Read/learn more at The Ticket.
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here