*(Via The Ticket) – President Barack Obama told cheering supporters at a fundraiser in Connecticut on Monday that Mitt Romney’s tax plan would raise taxes on middle-class Americans to pay for a tax cut benefiting the very rich: “It’s like Robin Hood in reverse. It’s Romney Hood.” His remarks drew laughter and applause.
Obama pointed to a recent study of Romney’s approach by the independent Tax Policy Center that speculated that, to pay for his proposed tax cut on the wealthiest Americans, the former Massachusetts governor would have to end popular measures like the mortgage and child deductions and the Earned Income Tax Credit — which chiefly benefit middle-class and poor Americans.
“He’d ask the middle class to pay more in taxes so that he could give another $250,000 tax cut to people making more than three million dollars a year,” Obama said.
Read/learn more at The Ticket.
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here