*The big after-recess party on the second night of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte will feature rapper/actor Common and rapper/producer Jermaine Dupri.
Common will perform at a charity benefit for Musicians on Call, a group that makes music available to wounded U.S. service men and women.
“I’m not only excited to be able to support our President at this year’s Democratic National Convention,” he said, “but also Musicians On Call, an organization that brings the healing power of music to hospital patients all over America.”
Jermaine Dupri will DJ the concert, which is set for Charlotte’s Fillmore venue.
Meanwhile, actress Jessica Alba and her husband, producer Cash Warren, will co-host the week’s most important fundraising event, a joint open-your-checkbook party for all the pro-Democratic super PACs. The event, which is set for the convention’s closing night, is being called “Super-O-Rama.”
Actress Eva Longoria, who is one of the co-chairs of the president’s reelection campaign, also will be one of the nine women to address the delegates from the podium. Cuban-American journalist and Spanish language television host Christina Saralequi also will be among the women speakers, as will a pair of the party’s reigning political celebrities—California Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris and Massachusetts senatorial hopeful Elizabeth Warren.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here