*The big after-recess party on the second night of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte will feature rapper/actor Common and rapper/producer Jermaine Dupri.
Common will perform at a charity benefit for Musicians on Call, a group that makes music available to wounded U.S. service men and women.
“I’m not only excited to be able to support our President at this year’s Democratic National Convention,” he said, “but also Musicians On Call, an organization that brings the healing power of music to hospital patients all over America.”
Jermaine Dupri will DJ the concert, which is set for Charlotte’s Fillmore venue.
Meanwhile, actress Jessica Alba and her husband, producer Cash Warren, will co-host the week’s most important fundraising event, a joint open-your-checkbook party for all the pro-Democratic super PACs. The event, which is set for the convention’s closing night, is being called “Super-O-Rama.”
Actress Eva Longoria, who is one of the co-chairs of the president’s reelection campaign, also will be one of the nine women to address the delegates from the podium. Cuban-American journalist and Spanish language television host Christina Saralequi also will be among the women speakers, as will a pair of the party’s reigning political celebrities—California Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris and Massachusetts senatorial hopeful Elizabeth Warren.
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here