*The big after-recess party on the second night of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte will feature rapper/actor Common and rapper/producer Jermaine Dupri.
Common will perform at a charity benefit for Musicians on Call, a group that makes music available to wounded U.S. service men and women.
“I’m not only excited to be able to support our President at this year’s Democratic National Convention,” he said, “but also Musicians On Call, an organization that brings the healing power of music to hospital patients all over America.”
Jermaine Dupri will DJ the concert, which is set for Charlotte’s Fillmore venue.
Meanwhile, actress Jessica Alba and her husband, producer Cash Warren, will co-host the week’s most important fundraising event, a joint open-your-checkbook party for all the pro-Democratic super PACs. The event, which is set for the convention’s closing night, is being called “Super-O-Rama.”
Actress Eva Longoria, who is one of the co-chairs of the president’s reelection campaign, also will be one of the nine women to address the delegates from the podium. Cuban-American journalist and Spanish language television host Christina Saralequi also will be among the women speakers, as will a pair of the party’s reigning political celebrities—California Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris and Massachusetts senatorial hopeful Elizabeth Warren.
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here