*It’s gettin’ hot in heah!
The race for the White House is starting to get a little more interesting. Both sides have amped up the rhetoric. But it seems that, as usual, the Republicans have shown they can dish it, but can’t take it.
For instance, Vice President Joe Biden sparked a campaign commotion Tuesday, telling voters in southern Virginia on Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney wanted to put them “back in chains” by deregulating Wall Street. He later mocked Republican criticism over the remark while conceding he meant to use different words.
Campaigning in Danville, Va., Biden said the Republican ticket wanted to “unchain Wall Street” by getting rid of regulations Obama signed into law two years ago. Then, to a crowd that included hundreds of black people, he added: “They’re going to put y’all back in chains.”
Romney’s campaign said the comments marked a “new low” for the Obama campaign.
“The comments made by the vice president of the United States are not acceptable in our political discourse and demonstrate yet again that the Obama campaign will say and do anything to win this election,” said Andrea Saul, Romney’s spokeswoman. “President Obama should tell the American people whether he agrees with Joe Biden’s comments.”
Biden, speaking later in Wytheville, says he had meant to use the term “unshackled.”
But he did not apologize and mocked the Romney campaign for showing outrage.
“If you want to know what’s outrageous, it’s their policies, and the effects of their policies on middle-class Americans,” he said.
Obama’s campaign stood by Biden, saying the comments were a variation on remarks he makes often about the need to “unshackle” the middle class. The campaign said the metaphor was meant to counter Republican calls to unshackle the private sector from Obama-backed regulations.
But the remark still proved to be a distraction, prompting Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter to issue a statement calling the Romney campaign’s outrage “hypocritical.”
Read/learn more at NewsOne.
Watch this AP Report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here