*Jamie Foxx says it was difficult watching his “Django Unchained” co-star Kerry Washington being whipped during a brutal scene in the film, and is convinced audiences will be moved to tears.
As previously reported, the actor plays a freed slave out for revenge against an evil plantation owner portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio, while Washington plays his on-screen wife.
Foxx tells Britain’s Empire magazine, “It runs deep. At the beginning, when we started shooting, they were whipping Kerry and I had to watch it. It affected me. At the time, we were playing music to the whole plantation. The music was a gospel song by Fred Hammond called ‘No Weapons Formed Against Me Shall Prosper,’ and just to see everybody go to a place… There were people with tears in their eyes.
“Those moments, well, we can’t really tell here right now because we’re still shooting the movie. But I think those moments we put on the screen are going to jerk people. Their emotions are gonna be really running high.”
“Django Unchained” is scheduled to open on Christmas Day.
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here