*Jamie Foxx says it was difficult watching his “Django Unchained” co-star Kerry Washington being whipped during a brutal scene in the film, and is convinced audiences will be moved to tears.
As previously reported, the actor plays a freed slave out for revenge against an evil plantation owner portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio, while Washington plays his on-screen wife.
Foxx tells Britain’s Empire magazine, “It runs deep. At the beginning, when we started shooting, they were whipping Kerry and I had to watch it. It affected me. At the time, we were playing music to the whole plantation. The music was a gospel song by Fred Hammond called ‘No Weapons Formed Against Me Shall Prosper,’ and just to see everybody go to a place… There were people with tears in their eyes.
“Those moments, well, we can’t really tell here right now because we’re still shooting the movie. But I think those moments we put on the screen are going to jerk people. Their emotions are gonna be really running high.”
“Django Unchained” is scheduled to open on Christmas Day.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here