*Jamie Foxx says it was difficult watching his “Django Unchained” co-star Kerry Washington being whipped during a brutal scene in the film, and is convinced audiences will be moved to tears.
As previously reported, the actor plays a freed slave out for revenge against an evil plantation owner portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio, while Washington plays his on-screen wife.
Foxx tells Britain’s Empire magazine, “It runs deep. At the beginning, when we started shooting, they were whipping Kerry and I had to watch it. It affected me. At the time, we were playing music to the whole plantation. The music was a gospel song by Fred Hammond called ‘No Weapons Formed Against Me Shall Prosper,’ and just to see everybody go to a place… There were people with tears in their eyes.
“Those moments, well, we can’t really tell here right now because we’re still shooting the movie. But I think those moments we put on the screen are going to jerk people. Their emotions are gonna be really running high.”
“Django Unchained” is scheduled to open on Christmas Day.
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here