*Jamie Foxx says it was difficult watching his “Django Unchained” co-star Kerry Washington being whipped during a brutal scene in the film, and is convinced audiences will be moved to tears.
As previously reported, the actor plays a freed slave out for revenge against an evil plantation owner portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio, while Washington plays his on-screen wife.
Foxx tells Britain’s Empire magazine, “It runs deep. At the beginning, when we started shooting, they were whipping Kerry and I had to watch it. It affected me. At the time, we were playing music to the whole plantation. The music was a gospel song by Fred Hammond called ‘No Weapons Formed Against Me Shall Prosper,’ and just to see everybody go to a place… There were people with tears in their eyes.
“Those moments, well, we can’t really tell here right now because we’re still shooting the movie. But I think those moments we put on the screen are going to jerk people. Their emotions are gonna be really running high.”
“Django Unchained” is scheduled to open on Christmas Day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here