*I recently drove the Nissan 2012 Z® Roadster Tour and the Chevrolet Sonic.
Yes, that’s a couple of eclectic cars. However, both vehicles have their own personality and are awesome in their own rights.
THE CAR: NISSAN Z® ROADSTER
Whoo Hoo! This isn’t the old 240Z, this is a modern version of that car. When you drive this car – it’s more of a happening! You automatically rack up COOL points driving down the road in a Z. Heads turn and mouths drop due to the stylish, sporty exterior. This car doesn’t rely on just it’s good looks to get by. There is power under that hood. The price is a bit steep, there is some road noise and the gas mileage could be a lot better, but when you’re buying a Z, lets be honest, you’re not buying it for gas mileage! All in all, this is an engaging and enjoyable driving experience. If you want to look good cruising, this is your car!!!
VEHICLE AT A GLANCE:
3.7-liter DOH V6 engine w/variable valve event & lift (VVEL), 332 horsepower & 270-lb-ft Torque, 7-speed automatic transmission w/ paddle shifters & downshift rev matching; continuously variable valve timing control system (CVTCS), 18” alloy wheels, front and rear stabilizer bars, 8-way adjustable driver’s seat (4-way power), 4-way power adjustable passenger’s seat, automatic on/off headlights and heated outside mirrors.
FUEL ECONOMY: 18/25
THE DRIVE: HIGH-QUALITY!!!
THE CAR: CHEVROLET SONIC 5DR LTZ
I like this car!!! This is Chevrolet’s newest small car. That being said, small doesn’t signify a lack. This car, which has plenty of interior space, was developed first and foremost to be fun to drive – and it certainly meets that mark. The ride and the handling don’t give away its size. It packs a punch! The Sonic blends the affordability and practicality of a small car with athletic and agile performance. The engine is more powerful than those offered in the Ford Fiesta, Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris. The Sonic is more spacious, faster and fun to drive. The hatchback looks racier and has twice the cargo capacity. IIHS Top Safety Pick.
VEHICLE AT A GLANCE: Engine: ecotec turbo 1.4L, 6-speed automatic. hill hold feature, driver information center, oil life monitoring system, remote vehicle start, leatherette seating surfaces, antilock brakes
MSRP: $20, 315
FUEL ECONOMY: 27/37
THE DRIVE: YIPPEE!
Darlene Donloe is an entertainment journalist based in Southern California. Contact her at [email protected]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here