*(Via theGrio) – After a week of speculation, Drake has opened up about his upcoming Aaliyah project.
In a recent interview with Much Music, the Toronto rapper gave more clarity about the details surrounding the album, which will feature previously unheard tracks by the late singer.
He went on to say that he and his producer, Noah ‘40’ Shebib, were overseeing the project and that it will have 13-14 new songs on it.
“People should be really excited,” Drake said. “40 is doing some incredible music right now. To get 13 to 14 Aaliyah songs, I mean everybody should be excited. It’s not about me or about 40; it’s about her and her fans and us just getting the opportunity to give you something we feel is great.”
Read/learn more at theGrio.
Watch as Drake discusses working on the posthumous Aaliyah project:
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here