So, when he starts advocating for the legalization of marijuana, isn’t that really the voice of God telling us that it’s high time (pun completely intended) to end this charade and start making it legal for everyone?
Maybe we’re overdoing it with the Morgan Freeman angle, but the main point is still valid. The legalization of marijuana seems to be developing into a something – like gay marriage is now, and like interracial marriage was decades ago – that will seem almost silly in retrospect, as in, “Why was this ever even considered controversial?”
Like EURweb on Facebook
We all need to grow up and start accepting the idea that marijuana shouldn’t be banned in this country anymore. Can anyone really provide a good argument as to why pot is illegal and alcohol – a far more destructive and addictive substance – is readily available in thousands upon thousands of establishments across the United States? There isn’t one to be made. Marijuana should be treated just like booze – legal, taxed and regulated. Hey, what better way to give the economy a boost? Talk about your green jobs…
If you want to get a good breakdown of how the process will work, take a look at this excellent (and very comprehensive) Fortune magazine article from a few years ago that breaks down the state of marijuana legalization efforts. You can basically buy it for any ailment in California – the article mentions “anxiety” and “premenstrual syndrome” as two of the reasons for prescription pot – and there are sixteen states across the U.S. which have similar measures on the books (though none probably as liberal as California’s). The movement is growing.
Just wait. In all likelihoods, our children and grandchildren will grow up in an America where most states will have some form of marijuana that’s legalized – and they’re going to wonder why we ever made such a fuss about it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here