*Mitt Romney probably chose the right Ryan for his campaign, considering the fact that strongly accomplished American Jack Ryan is, unfortunately, a fictional character and product of Tom Clancy’s imagination. Sadly, we doubt that Wisconsin representative Paul Ryan will ever hijack a submarine or battle the IRA like Jack Ryan did.
Still, Ryan’s pick is a solid one for the Romney campaign. He’ll certainly prove to be a bigger asset to Romney in 2012 than Sarah Palin as for the McCain campaign in 2008 – although that is damning with the faintest of praise. Palin was more of an albatross to McCain; Ryan can only improve Romney’s numbers. He’s telegenic (check out this rather strange story about his fitness habits,) and an excellent public speaker – and was much loved by the right (as evidenced by the Wall Street Journal’s fanboy-ish enthusiasm for his VP candidacy). He’s not going to win the election for Romney – but he probably won’t play a part in hurting it, which is the way all VP selections should go.
Meanwhile, the current Vice President of the United States of America can’t seem to stop putting his foot in his mouth, seen in his unfortunate “chains” remark from last week.
Granted, we’re a long way off from the election, but the contrast in styles between the assured Ryan and the occasionally goofy Biden has to at last cause some worry among the higher-ups in the Democratic camp. A late-in-the-game replacement as Vice President (think Hilary Clinton) is probably off the table, so the Dems will probably just have to ride the Biden-coaster for better or for worse.
Let’s not forget, too, that the new season of HBO’s great Veep starts next season. Suddenly, the job that John Nance Garner (Roosevelt’s VP) described as “‘not worth a quart of warm spit” is America’s most talked-about gig.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here