*MGM Television has joined “American Idol” and “So You Think You Can Dance” executive producer Nigel Lythgoe to reboot the 1980 MGM film and 82 TV series “Fame,” reports Deadline.com.
The original film and television run chronicled the lives of talented students paying their dues on the road to success.
According to the producers, the new project is a re-imagening of the original film and series that will strive to embody their spirit. Set against the backdrop of today’s unprecedented access to the world of celebrity, it will expose the gritty struggle, heartache and pain endured in the search for stardom.
“This is a great opportunity for MGM to partner with world-class producer Nigel Lythgoe, whose unmatched experience with telling the true stories of talented people striving for success will set Fame apart, ” said Roma Khanna, President Television and Digital, MGM.
The project is part of MGM TV’s strategy to mine the company’s library for properties suitable for series adaptations/remakes, according to Deadline. Alan Parker’s 1980 movie was already remade as a feature with the 2009 “Fame.”
Lythgoe will serve as executive producer on the project, along with Nigel Lythgoe Prods. president Kary McHoul, Segars Media’s Charles Segars (National Treasure) and Chad Gutstein.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here