“When you sitting down at a desk and you’re jotting down your ideas on the calendar, of course you never penciled in those few setbacks,” Rick Ross said when he appeared on ‘RapFix Live’ on August 1. “Regardless of what they were, it’s a setback, and a setback goes against what you’re trying to accomplish.”
But because of his inner circle and the people who keep him going, Ross was able to get back out there and finish what he started.
“We dusted that off and went back to work immediately,” Ross said, crediting manager Gucci Pucci, Maybach A&R, Spiff TV, and the staff at Def Jam Records for holding things down.
Family also kept him motivated, he admitted.
“They soldiers. My family are soldiers, from my mom all the way down to my beautiful daughter and my little son,” he said. “They were right by my side, really, when I was at the hospital.”
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here