“When you sitting down at a desk and you’re jotting down your ideas on the calendar, of course you never penciled in those few setbacks,” Rick Ross said when he appeared on ‘RapFix Live’ on August 1. “Regardless of what they were, it’s a setback, and a setback goes against what you’re trying to accomplish.”
But because of his inner circle and the people who keep him going, Ross was able to get back out there and finish what he started.
“We dusted that off and went back to work immediately,” Ross said, crediting manager Gucci Pucci, Maybach A&R, Spiff TV, and the staff at Def Jam Records for holding things down.
Family also kept him motivated, he admitted.
“They soldiers. My family are soldiers, from my mom all the way down to my beautiful daughter and my little son,” he said. “They were right by my side, really, when I was at the hospital.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here