*Flo Rida has been ordered to pay $400,000 to organizers of an Australian music festival after he overslept and missed his timeslot.
The rapper was due to perform at the Fat As Butter event in Newcastle, New South Wales, last October, but Mothership Music said he cancelled at the last minute because he slept in, and a district court in the state has him he must hand over the money as compensation, reports WENN.
The payment is to cover Mothership Music’s costs for air fares, accommodation, hospitality and legal fees, as well as damages to their reputation due to his failure to show.
Neither Flo Rida or his representative appeared in court and it has been reported that the legal documents were served via Facebook.
In his defense, Flo Rida claimed there was no room booked for him at Sydney’s Four Seasons hotel before Fat As Butter, nor any transportation to the venue, and he insisted he did arrive to the festival but was late after finding his own ride.
He said at the time: ”I didn’t run to the media to discuss a business issue with my tour because I didn’t think that was the appropriate way to handle things. Now I’m forced to, because the things that are being said about me are not true.”
The festival organizers denied his claims at the time.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here