*Flo Rida has been ordered to pay $400,000 to organizers of an Australian music festival after he overslept and missed his timeslot.
The rapper was due to perform at the Fat As Butter event in Newcastle, New South Wales, last October, but Mothership Music said he cancelled at the last minute because he slept in, and a district court in the state has him he must hand over the money as compensation, reports WENN.
The payment is to cover Mothership Music’s costs for air fares, accommodation, hospitality and legal fees, as well as damages to their reputation due to his failure to show.
Neither Flo Rida or his representative appeared in court and it has been reported that the legal documents were served via Facebook.
In his defense, Flo Rida claimed there was no room booked for him at Sydney’s Four Seasons hotel before Fat As Butter, nor any transportation to the venue, and he insisted he did arrive to the festival but was late after finding his own ride.
He said at the time: ”I didn’t run to the media to discuss a business issue with my tour because I didn’t think that was the appropriate way to handle things. Now I’m forced to, because the things that are being said about me are not true.”
The festival organizers denied his claims at the time.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here