*Flo Rida has been ordered to pay $400,000 to organizers of an Australian music festival after he overslept and missed his timeslot.
The rapper was due to perform at the Fat As Butter event in Newcastle, New South Wales, last October, but Mothership Music said he cancelled at the last minute because he slept in, and a district court in the state has him he must hand over the money as compensation, reports WENN.
The payment is to cover Mothership Music’s costs for air fares, accommodation, hospitality and legal fees, as well as damages to their reputation due to his failure to show.
Neither Flo Rida or his representative appeared in court and it has been reported that the legal documents were served via Facebook.
In his defense, Flo Rida claimed there was no room booked for him at Sydney’s Four Seasons hotel before Fat As Butter, nor any transportation to the venue, and he insisted he did arrive to the festival but was late after finding his own ride.
He said at the time: ”I didn’t run to the media to discuss a business issue with my tour because I didn’t think that was the appropriate way to handle things. Now I’m forced to, because the things that are being said about me are not true.”
The festival organizers denied his claims at the time.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here