*Here’s some more good news about Miss Gabby Douglas.
The super 16-year-old Olympic champion gymnast is officially being recruited by one of the most prestigious black intuitions of higher learning. And that would be Spelman College.
TMZ is reporting that the school’s president even flew to London to get a leg up on the competition.
We’ve learned … Spelman — an all-girl college in Georgia — wants Gabby in a bad way … and sources at the University tell us the Team USA gymnastics superstar has become the number 1 recruit … by far.
In fact, the President of Spelman, Beverly Daniel Tatum, went out to London and made sure Gabby got a Spelman gift bag … containing a congratulatory note, school t-shirt and a CD containing a song produced by the college.
Tatum also released a statement to TMZ … in which she acknowledges the school would LOVE to get its hands on the gold medal winner:
“A young woman who has demonstrated the drive and discipline needed to achieve world-class excellence is likely to have what it takes to be successful at Spelman, and we would welcome her interest in the college.”
If you didn’t know, among others, the daughters of both Martin Luther King Jr. and Bill Cosby have attended Spelman
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here