On Wednesday, in Huntsville, Alabama, Dodson was found at the local Chic-Fil-A, along with throngs of the company’s supporters on Chic-FilA Appreciation Day, getting his grub on and putting himself right in the middle of the controversy.
“We don’t all have to believe in the same things,” Dodson said this afternoon. “We all have our different beliefs and can still come together and still be friends and be cool with each other.”
Dodson released a video last week in wake of the uproar over statements made by Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy saying he supported the Biblical definition of marriage — which is one man, one woman.
He repeated that stance today just before ordering a spicy chicken sandwich with cheese and waffle fries. Dodson stood in a smaller line than the one at noon today that stretched out the door on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, which called for people who supported the company’s position to cater the business today.
“I’m here for supporting the employees,” Dodson said. “The gay community is fighting against Chick-fil-A but they’re not thinking about where this leaves the employees. So I’m here to be in support of the employees and I’m also coming to get that spicy chicken sandwich.”
As for Dodson’s stance on gay marriage?
“I never really thought about getting married,” he said. “I’ve been so focused on my career. I never have time to think about marriage. I’m not going to say I’m against it or I’m for it. If it happens, it happens.”
Read/learn more at AL.com.
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here