On Wednesday, in Huntsville, Alabama, Dodson was found at the local Chic-Fil-A, along with throngs of the company’s supporters on Chic-FilA Appreciation Day, getting his grub on and putting himself right in the middle of the controversy.
“We don’t all have to believe in the same things,” Dodson said this afternoon. “We all have our different beliefs and can still come together and still be friends and be cool with each other.”
Dodson released a video last week in wake of the uproar over statements made by Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy saying he supported the Biblical definition of marriage — which is one man, one woman.
He repeated that stance today just before ordering a spicy chicken sandwich with cheese and waffle fries. Dodson stood in a smaller line than the one at noon today that stretched out the door on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, which called for people who supported the company’s position to cater the business today.
“I’m here for supporting the employees,” Dodson said. “The gay community is fighting against Chick-fil-A but they’re not thinking about where this leaves the employees. So I’m here to be in support of the employees and I’m also coming to get that spicy chicken sandwich.”
As for Dodson’s stance on gay marriage?
“I never really thought about getting married,” he said. “I’ve been so focused on my career. I never have time to think about marriage. I’m not going to say I’m against it or I’m for it. If it happens, it happens.”
Read/learn more at AL.com.
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here