*It’s no secret that NBC has been losing some of its prime time sizzle over the years, with viewership steadily below what it was during the golden years of “Seinfeld” and “The Cosby Show.” But the peacock is hoping that a handful of new dramas this fall will generate a ratings surge.
Among them, ironically, is a series with no electricity whatsoever.
“Revolution,” premiering Monday, Sept. 17 at 10 p.m. from producer J.J. Abrams, follows a family struggling to reunite some 15 years after a worldwide blackout. There’s zero power anywhere and nobody knows why or how it suddenly went out – or so we think no one knows.
Giancarlo Esposito – fresh from his run on ABC’s “Once Upon a Time” and eye-popping (literally) turn on AMC’s “Breaking Bad” – brings his talent to “Revolution” as Captain Neville, a militia leader in this juiceless world who kidnaps one of the family members for a darker purpose.
“The one thing about this particular show, and because of the interesting and creative elements that went into the writing, is that this new world you could think of as a throwback to an old world, but it’s returning to a simpler life,” Esposito tells EURweb exclusively. “We have good guys. We have bad guys. We have guys in the middle. But there are people who want to get the power back for their own reasons and people who may not want to get it back because they can live a simpler life.”
No power on Planet Earth also means no vehicles, so Esposito had to learn how to ride a horse for the role.
“I got a chance to get down to Carolina early and get on the right saddle, on a western saddle and really ride this horse and feel like I know what I’m doing,” he said. “It’s interesting from an actor’s standpoint to explore this new world, and we hope that you guys as an audience will feel the same way.”
Below, the actor who became famous as Buggin’ Out in “Do The Right Thing” gives us an idea of what’s to come during “Revolution’s” first season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here