*Cameras for HBO’s “Hard Knocks” were rolling in the office of Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin when he cut Chad Johnson from the team. [Scroll down to watch.]
At the end of Tuesday’s second episode, Johnson is shown walking into Philbin’s office the day after he was arrested on Saturday night for domestic battery against Evelyn Lozada, who has since filed for divorce.
he episode, which premiered Tuesday night, shows the receiver dejected and pleading his case to coach Philbin – to no avail.
“I do my best not to fly off the handle and act irrational,” Philbin told the athlete during the meeting that lasted less than five minutes. “It’s just, I don’t know that this is working for the benefit of you, me, the Miami Dolphins or anybody else. I think you’re a good person. Trust me, I acknowledge people make mistakes.”
During an awkward pause, Johnson reminded Philbin that he had “never been in trouble before.” He went on to claim that he had been planning on keeping quiet all season long, following his expletive-laced first press conference that drew a lecture from the coach. But Philbin’s mind was made up.
“It’s more about how you fit in, and how we fit in together, and where this thing is heading. Just don’t see it being where I thought it would be or what I hoped it would be,” said Philbin.
As previously reported, Johnson released his first statement since the arrest on his website hours before the episode aired, apologizing and vowing to “continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL.”
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here