*Moviemaker and industry bigwig, Harvey Weinstein knows there are people with lots of money out there who love them some Obama. So he’s hosting a $35,000 per person dinner at his Westport, CT. home tonight, Monday night (Aug. 6).
On his own, the producer has donated over $75,000 to democratic campaigns.
This election cycle alone, he’s written a $35,800 check to the president’s campaign.
“I think he’s got deep personal beliefs,” Weinstein told The Huffington Post in July. “I don’t have to agree with everything a candidate does to support him.”
Harvey isn’t the only one dishing out lots of cash for Obama. Over the summer, George Clooney hosted an event with tickets at $40,000 a person. Other celebs have been staunch supporters of the president with donations and other gatherings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here