*Moviemaker and industry bigwig, Harvey Weinstein knows there are people with lots of money out there who love them some Obama. So he’s hosting a $35,000 per person dinner at his Westport, CT. home tonight, Monday night (Aug. 6).
On his own, the producer has donated over $75,000 to democratic campaigns.
This election cycle alone, he’s written a $35,800 check to the president’s campaign.
“I think he’s got deep personal beliefs,” Weinstein told The Huffington Post in July. “I don’t have to agree with everything a candidate does to support him.”
Harvey isn’t the only one dishing out lots of cash for Obama. Over the summer, George Clooney hosted an event with tickets at $40,000 a person. Other celebs have been staunch supporters of the president with donations and other gatherings.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here