*Moviemaker and industry bigwig, Harvey Weinstein knows there are people with lots of money out there who love them some Obama. So he’s hosting a $35,000 per person dinner at his Westport, CT. home tonight, Monday night (Aug. 6).
On his own, the producer has donated over $75,000 to democratic campaigns.
This election cycle alone, he’s written a $35,800 check to the president’s campaign.
“I think he’s got deep personal beliefs,” Weinstein told The Huffington Post in July. “I don’t have to agree with everything a candidate does to support him.”
Harvey isn’t the only one dishing out lots of cash for Obama. Over the summer, George Clooney hosted an event with tickets at $40,000 a person. Other celebs have been staunch supporters of the president with donations and other gatherings.
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here