*Moviemaker and industry bigwig, Harvey Weinstein knows there are people with lots of money out there who love them some Obama. So he’s hosting a $35,000 per person dinner at his Westport, CT. home tonight, Monday night (Aug. 6).
On his own, the producer has donated over $75,000 to democratic campaigns.
This election cycle alone, he’s written a $35,800 check to the president’s campaign.
“I think he’s got deep personal beliefs,” Weinstein told The Huffington Post in July. “I don’t have to agree with everything a candidate does to support him.”
Harvey isn’t the only one dishing out lots of cash for Obama. Over the summer, George Clooney hosted an event with tickets at $40,000 a person. Other celebs have been staunch supporters of the president with donations and other gatherings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here