*Moviemaker and industry bigwig, Harvey Weinstein knows there are people with lots of money out there who love them some Obama. So he’s hosting a $35,000 per person dinner at his Westport, CT. home tonight, Monday night (Aug. 6).
On his own, the producer has donated over $75,000 to democratic campaigns.
This election cycle alone, he’s written a $35,800 check to the president’s campaign.
“I think he’s got deep personal beliefs,” Weinstein told The Huffington Post in July. “I don’t have to agree with everything a candidate does to support him.”
Harvey isn’t the only one dishing out lots of cash for Obama. Over the summer, George Clooney hosted an event with tickets at $40,000 a person. Other celebs have been staunch supporters of the president with donations and other gatherings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here