*Herman Cain is back in the headlines, this time for saying that he would be the Republican nominee right now if there had been a level playing field during the Republican primaries, reports Politico.
“If everyone had competed fairly and honestly, I’d probably be the nominee being nominated this week,” the former GOP presidential candidate said on CBS Sunday. “The process is fair but many people that are involved in the process are not fair and they are not honest.
When asked if he would have campaigned differently, he said he wishes he would have better prepared his family. Cain came under fire when he was accused of infidelity.
“I shouldn’t say this on camera, [but I’d] make it uncomfortable for the media people who lied on me, that’s what I would do differently,” he said. “The one thing I would do differently is I would better prepare my family for the dirt. Other than that I wouldn’t do anything differently.”
Later Monday, Cain confirmed on CNN’s “The Situation Room” that he has investigators looking into the “well-coordinated effort” behind stories “attacking” his character.
“And you’re spending money out of your own personal pocket?” host Wolf Blitzer asked.
“Yes, I am,” Cain replied. “My character, my reputation is much more than dollars. We’re going to get to the bottom of this.”
Cain, who now runs CainTV, said on CBS that he’s not eying another presidential run.
“I’ve made it real clear. I’m not making another presidential run,” he said.
Meanwhile, Cain offered his take Monday on a recent poll that showed 0 percent of African-American voters support Romney.
“[Black voters] are closet conservatives, but the polls aren’t going to pick it up,” Cain said on Fox News. “You may have heard about The Wall Street Journal poll that said zero African-Americans are going to vote for Mitt Romney. Well, I’m not a zero.”
A Wall Street Journal/NBC poll released last week showed Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee, claiming zero percent of the black vote. President Barack Obama was set to claim 94 percent of the black vote.
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here