The King of Pop would have been 54 on Wednesday, Aug. 29, and his family marked the occasion by visiting his hometown of Gary, Indiana.
While they were there, his sister La Toya and his 14-year-old daughter Paris attended the annual “Goin’ Back to Indiana” birthday Celebration where they posed for pictures with Michael Jackson impersonator Carlo Riley. Paris told him: ”I love your outfit.”
On his birthday, Michael’s fans held a vigil outside his childhood home yesterday and were thrilled when Paris and her 15-year-old brother came to join them. Before the vigil, Paris and Prince were given blue “Team Gary” and “I (Heart) Gary” T-shirts by Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson as they posed for pictures at a casino overlooking Lake Michigan.
Paris later told fans: ”We just want you to know how much he meant to us and the city of Gary.”
Michael – who was also father to 10-year-old Blanket – died in June 2009 from acute Propofol intoxication. His personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray is currently serving a jail sentence for the singer’s involuntary manslaughter.
Below, more pics from the candlelight vigil.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here