The King of Pop would have been 54 on Wednesday, Aug. 29, and his family marked the occasion by visiting his hometown of Gary, Indiana.
While they were there, his sister La Toya and his 14-year-old daughter Paris attended the annual “Goin’ Back to Indiana” birthday Celebration where they posed for pictures with Michael Jackson impersonator Carlo Riley. Paris told him: ”I love your outfit.”
On his birthday, Michael’s fans held a vigil outside his childhood home yesterday and were thrilled when Paris and her 15-year-old brother came to join them. Before the vigil, Paris and Prince were given blue “Team Gary” and “I (Heart) Gary” T-shirts by Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson as they posed for pictures at a casino overlooking Lake Michigan.
Paris later told fans: ”We just want you to know how much he meant to us and the city of Gary.”
Michael – who was also father to 10-year-old Blanket – died in June 2009 from acute Propofol intoxication. His personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray is currently serving a jail sentence for the singer’s involuntary manslaughter.
Below, more pics from the candlelight vigil.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here