The King of Pop would have been 54 on Wednesday, Aug. 29, and his family marked the occasion by visiting his hometown of Gary, Indiana.
While they were there, his sister La Toya and his 14-year-old daughter Paris attended the annual “Goin’ Back to Indiana” birthday Celebration where they posed for pictures with Michael Jackson impersonator Carlo Riley. Paris told him: ”I love your outfit.”
On his birthday, Michael’s fans held a vigil outside his childhood home yesterday and were thrilled when Paris and her 15-year-old brother came to join them. Before the vigil, Paris and Prince were given blue “Team Gary” and “I (Heart) Gary” T-shirts by Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson as they posed for pictures at a casino overlooking Lake Michigan.
Paris later told fans: ”We just want you to know how much he meant to us and the city of Gary.”
Michael – who was also father to 10-year-old Blanket – died in June 2009 from acute Propofol intoxication. His personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray is currently serving a jail sentence for the singer’s involuntary manslaughter.
Below, more pics from the candlelight vigil.
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here