“Becoming a CoverGirl is truly an honor and a gift,” said Monáe in a statement. “It opens up a new platform for me to inspire women to feel stronger, braver and more beautiful inside and out. One of my core values is to help redefine what it means to be a strong and beautiful woman in the music and fashion worlds and to empower the wonderful things that make us unique.”
The singer, who does her own makeup for most major performances, has already started experimenting with CoverGirl’s Lash Blast Mascara.
“I keep my eyes pretty simple but I like to make [my lashes] a little darker and thicker,” she says. She’s also been dipping into the company’s highly pigmented Lip Perfection line—introduced to her by makeup artist and CoverGirl global creative design director Pat McGrath on the Los Angeles set of her first print campaign two months ago. “She’s not only one of the most talented people in the universe but she’s also one of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet,” says Monáe of bonding instantly with McGrath—who provided a quick solution to her mic-swiping lipstick quandary. “She told me to do the whole lip liner thing first so that it stains my mouth and makes the color last,” she says, before adding with a laugh: “Thank you, Pat!”
Read/learn more at Vogue.
Watch this CoverGirl promo video of Janelle Monáe:
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here