“Becoming a CoverGirl is truly an honor and a gift,” said Monáe in a statement. “It opens up a new platform for me to inspire women to feel stronger, braver and more beautiful inside and out. One of my core values is to help redefine what it means to be a strong and beautiful woman in the music and fashion worlds and to empower the wonderful things that make us unique.”
The singer, who does her own makeup for most major performances, has already started experimenting with CoverGirl’s Lash Blast Mascara.
“I keep my eyes pretty simple but I like to make [my lashes] a little darker and thicker,” she says. She’s also been dipping into the company’s highly pigmented Lip Perfection line—introduced to her by makeup artist and CoverGirl global creative design director Pat McGrath on the Los Angeles set of her first print campaign two months ago. “She’s not only one of the most talented people in the universe but she’s also one of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet,” says Monáe of bonding instantly with McGrath—who provided a quick solution to her mic-swiping lipstick quandary. “She told me to do the whole lip liner thing first so that it stains my mouth and makes the color last,” she says, before adding with a laugh: “Thank you, Pat!”
Read/learn more at Vogue.
Watch this CoverGirl promo video of Janelle Monáe:
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here