*Jennifer Lopez has filed a lawsuit against her former driver, claiming he demanded $2.8 million to keep quiet about secrets he overheard while driving her around.
J.Lo’s case is a countersuit to a claim filed by Hakob Manoukian, who alleged he was forced to resign after being publicly berated by her manager, Benny Medina.
In her countersuit, obtained by TMZ, Jennifer alleges Hakob became drunk with power and wanted to control her entire security team and get more money for doing it. When he was turned down, Jennifer claimed he retaliated by threatening to spill confidential information that would be highly embarrassing.
Jennifer says the driver threatened that if he wasn’t paid $2.8 million he would take his information to authorities and have her criminally prosecuted.
She is suing for damages in excess of $20 million.
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here