*Jennifer Lopez has filed a lawsuit against her former driver, claiming he demanded $2.8 million to keep quiet about secrets he overheard while driving her around.
J.Lo’s case is a countersuit to a claim filed by Hakob Manoukian, who alleged he was forced to resign after being publicly berated by her manager, Benny Medina.
In her countersuit, obtained by TMZ, Jennifer alleges Hakob became drunk with power and wanted to control her entire security team and get more money for doing it. When he was turned down, Jennifer claimed he retaliated by threatening to spill confidential information that would be highly embarrassing.
Jennifer says the driver threatened that if he wasn’t paid $2.8 million he would take his information to authorities and have her criminally prosecuted.
She is suing for damages in excess of $20 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here