The politician has been in the hospital for weeks, receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. He took an unexpected hiatus from Congress in June; his office released a statement saying the congresswoman was being treated for a “mood disorder.”
It was during the Olympic opening ceremony that his office clarified his condition, stating he was being treated for depression and a gastrointestinal issue.
“He has the best treatment and he is responding,” Rev. Jackson said. Jackson added that he and his wife did not discuss politics with their son:
“My concern has been his health and regaining his strength. That’s my primary focus. I’m sure that at the appropriate time you’ll hear from the doctors there. I didn’t delve into medical things frankly.”
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here