The politician has been in the hospital for weeks, receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. He took an unexpected hiatus from Congress in June; his office released a statement saying the congresswoman was being treated for a “mood disorder.”
It was during the Olympic opening ceremony that his office clarified his condition, stating he was being treated for depression and a gastrointestinal issue.
“He has the best treatment and he is responding,” Rev. Jackson said. Jackson added that he and his wife did not discuss politics with their son:
“My concern has been his health and regaining his strength. That’s my primary focus. I’m sure that at the appropriate time you’ll hear from the doctors there. I didn’t delve into medical things frankly.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here