The politician has been in the hospital for weeks, receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. He took an unexpected hiatus from Congress in June; his office released a statement saying the congresswoman was being treated for a “mood disorder.”
It was during the Olympic opening ceremony that his office clarified his condition, stating he was being treated for depression and a gastrointestinal issue.
“He has the best treatment and he is responding,” Rev. Jackson said. Jackson added that he and his wife did not discuss politics with their son:
“My concern has been his health and regaining his strength. That’s my primary focus. I’m sure that at the appropriate time you’ll hear from the doctors there. I didn’t delve into medical things frankly.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here