The politician has been in the hospital for weeks, receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. He took an unexpected hiatus from Congress in June; his office released a statement saying the congresswoman was being treated for a “mood disorder.”
It was during the Olympic opening ceremony that his office clarified his condition, stating he was being treated for depression and a gastrointestinal issue.
“He has the best treatment and he is responding,” Rev. Jackson said. Jackson added that he and his wife did not discuss politics with their son:
“My concern has been his health and regaining his strength. That’s my primary focus. I’m sure that at the appropriate time you’ll hear from the doctors there. I didn’t delve into medical things frankly.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here