*Veteran comedian John Witherspoon has been forced to release a statement verifying his existence after false reports that he was killed flooded Twitter on Thursday.
Not only did “RIP John Witherspoon” become a trending topic on Twitter, his biography on Wikipedia.com had also been updated to reflect the supposed death. The actor, best known for his appearances in the “Friday” movies, took to his own Twitter page late Thursday to assure fans he is alive and well in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
“What the Hell y’all talking bout on Here?!?!? I ain’t ‘DEAD’ I’m in Ft Lauderdale at the Hard Rock Cafe Gettin dat (that) Paper… (working for money),” he tweeted. “S**iiit, I’m too busy Gettin this money 2 die haha (sic).”
The 70-year-old’s Wikipedia page has been subsequently corrected.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Natalie Cole Cancels Fall Tour, Cites 'Medical Procedure'
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here