*Veteran comedian John Witherspoon has been forced to release a statement verifying his existence after false reports that he was killed flooded Twitter on Thursday.
Not only did “RIP John Witherspoon” become a trending topic on Twitter, his biography on Wikipedia.com had also been updated to reflect the supposed death. The actor, best known for his appearances in the “Friday” movies, took to his own Twitter page late Thursday to assure fans he is alive and well in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
“What the Hell y’all talking bout on Here?!?!? I ain’t ‘DEAD’ I’m in Ft Lauderdale at the Hard Rock Cafe Gettin dat (that) Paper… (working for money),” he tweeted. “S**iiit, I’m too busy Gettin this money 2 die haha (sic).”
The 70-year-old’s Wikipedia page has been subsequently corrected.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here