*Veteran comedian John Witherspoon has been forced to release a statement verifying his existence after false reports that he was killed flooded Twitter on Thursday.
Not only did “RIP John Witherspoon” become a trending topic on Twitter, his biography on Wikipedia.com had also been updated to reflect the supposed death. The actor, best known for his appearances in the “Friday” movies, took to his own Twitter page late Thursday to assure fans he is alive and well in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
“What the Hell y’all talking bout on Here?!?!? I ain’t ‘DEAD’ I’m in Ft Lauderdale at the Hard Rock Cafe Gettin dat (that) Paper… (working for money),” he tweeted. “S**iiit, I’m too busy Gettin this money 2 die haha (sic).”
The 70-year-old’s Wikipedia page has been subsequently corrected.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here