*Veteran comedian John Witherspoon has been forced to release a statement verifying his existence after false reports that he was killed flooded Twitter on Thursday.
Not only did “RIP John Witherspoon” become a trending topic on Twitter, his biography on Wikipedia.com had also been updated to reflect the supposed death. The actor, best known for his appearances in the “Friday” movies, took to his own Twitter page late Thursday to assure fans he is alive and well in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
“What the Hell y’all talking bout on Here?!?!? I ain’t ‘DEAD’ I’m in Ft Lauderdale at the Hard Rock Cafe Gettin dat (that) Paper… (working for money),” he tweeted. “S**iiit, I’m too busy Gettin this money 2 die haha (sic).”
The 70-year-old’s Wikipedia page has been subsequently corrected.
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here