*Veteran comedian John Witherspoon has been forced to release a statement verifying his existence after false reports that he was killed flooded Twitter on Thursday.
Not only did “RIP John Witherspoon” become a trending topic on Twitter, his biography on Wikipedia.com had also been updated to reflect the supposed death. The actor, best known for his appearances in the “Friday” movies, took to his own Twitter page late Thursday to assure fans he is alive and well in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
“What the Hell y’all talking bout on Here?!?!? I ain’t ‘DEAD’ I’m in Ft Lauderdale at the Hard Rock Cafe Gettin dat (that) Paper… (working for money),” he tweeted. “S**iiit, I’m too busy Gettin this money 2 die haha (sic).”
The 70-year-old’s Wikipedia page has been subsequently corrected.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here