“We both went through things that were tragic, and that brought us even closer together. He had a near-death experience, and I lost someone,” she tells Redbook. “Priorities get in line when stuff like that happens. Family is what matters — and being with the people you love.”
As far as “Sparkle,” which is opening Aug. 17 is concerned, Sparks says she’s honored to be in the film.
“I get so overwhelmed because it’s my first film, and for my first film to be so deep and heavy…I got to work with one of my idols and sing with her, and she even played my mother,” she tells Redbook. “I don’t know if anything will ever be as good as this. Sometimes I ask myself, ‘Why did I deserve to have a part in a film like this?’ I don’t want this to come off crazy, but somebody said to me, ‘It’s like Whitney essentially passed the torch.’ And to hear that, it’s just nuts.”
We’ve seen “Sparkle” and Miss Sparks doesn’t have anything to worry about as far as acting is concerned. She is awesome. On top of that, the camera loves her.
By the way, the September Redbook will be on newsstand August 14.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here