*It’s no accident that Joy Bryant ended up in a feature film with Dax Shepard, her love interest from NBC’s “Parenthood.”
“Our trailers are side by side, so it was basically a knock on the trailer door,” the actress told us during roundtables for their movie, “Hit and Run,” opening this weekend. “Tap, tap, tap upon the trailer door and then next thing I know, I’m in a movie.”
Described as a romantic action comedy, “Hit and Run,” opening Wednesday (Aug. 22), has Shepard as a Charlie Bronson, former getaway driver who escapes his Witness Protection Program to help his girlfriend (Dax’s real-life fiancée Kristen Bell) get to Los Angeles for a job interview. Chasing after him is a United States Marshal (Tom Arnold), his girlfriend’s ex-lover (Michael Rosenbaum), and his former gang – including a dreadlocked Bradley Cooper and Charlie’s ex-girlfriend Neve, played by Bryant.
“What’s great is that Dax wrote the movie that he wanted to write, because he wasn’t worried about script approval, casted who he wanted to cast, and all of us just happened to be his friends,” said Bryant. “And then he went out and made the movie he wanted to make without interference.”
Meanwhile, the cast of “Parenthood” just started production this month on season 4, which bows on Tuesday, Sept. 11. Without future scripts or writers with loose lips, there wasn’t much Bryant could tell us about what to expect next season because she simply didn’t know. However, she does have an opinion about her character Jasmine finally marrying Crosby in February’s season 3 finale. She also says she thinks the writers “have some things in the works” that will finally address the fact that Jasmine and Crosby are an interracial couple raising a mixed race child. Listen below.
Below, the trailer for “Hit and Run” and the “Parenthood” season 3 finale featuring the wedding of Jasmine and Crosby.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here