No, she’s not trying to escape the home front drama going on in Cali.
She’s returning to her family’s hometown to celebrate what would have would have been her son, Michael’s 54th birthday.
A statement released on Tuesday says the Indiana the Jackson Matriarch will be accompanied by the late singer’s three of the late singers children
A candlelight vigil is planned for Aug. 29 outside the family’s home on Jackson’s 54th birthday.
The celebration is being called: “Goin’ Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It?”
You can find details on the events, including a tribute concert and an event honoring Katherine Jackson are posted on a Facebook page for the event, www.facebook.com/jacksonstreet2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here