*Although part of being a recording artist is having to shoot music videos and film interviews, two of the five stars from TV One’s “R&B Divas” say that having cameras roll on their personal lives is still something they’re getting used to.
“Because I know that no matter how you slice it, when I see it on TV, I’m not going to like the way I look,” cast member Nicci Gilbert told us at the recent TCA press tour. “My teeth are going to be big. My head is going to be big. My ass is going to be bad. So, you know, I personally have been in front of the camera since Michael Jackson picked me out of the lineup, and I still don’t get used to it.
Gilbert, whose former R&B group Brownstone was singed to Jackson’s MJJ label, appears in the reality series with Faith Evans, Syleena Johnson, Monifah Carter and Keke Wyatt. Premiering Monday (Aug. 20) at 10 p.m. from production company Thinkfactory, the show follows their personal lives as well as their collective recording of an album to benefit a New Jersey performing arts school named after the late Whitney Houston.
Executive Producer Adam Reed of Thinkfactory said he’s shot a lot of unscripted shows, “and this was one of the easiest experiences getting the cast used to the situation because they’ve all done music videos. They’ve all been in the business. So literally, that was what was great to see. We shot for about seven weeks; but about three hours into day one of the shooting, the cameras weren’t there. They weren’t paying attention to any of it, and they were in the moment, and you’ll see that throughout the whole show.”
Another thing you’ll see on the show is Keke Wyatt (who famously stabbed her former manager/husband Rahmat Morton on Christmas Day, 2002) giving birth to her sixth child – a private moment she found “weird” and “creepy” to have filmed for reality television. She explains below…with Nicci and Adam Reed chiming in.
View the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here