Since becoming one of the most popular artists in his category, he’s managed to expand his horizon recently with a role in the recently released film, “Sparkle,” and has a romantic Christmas album on the way.
“What Christmas Means” is Kem’s spin on all the holiday classics. But he wants fans to understand what the holiday season is all about through the music.
“Christmas is about Jesus, that’s the foundational aspect, but we all love getting presents, too,” he tells The Huffington Post in a recent interview. “There’s a romantic side to Christmas, whether it’s cuddled up near the fireplace with your significant other, or sharing those intimate moments with the person that you love.”
Ledisi is also a featured artist on the album for “Be Mine for Christmas,” a perfect combination.
The holiday isn’t the only thing in the works. Kem has songs written for the next studio album as well, but he didn’t reveal when it’ll be out.
Watch and groove as Kem performs “Love Calls”:
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here