Since becoming one of the most popular artists in his category, he’s managed to expand his horizon recently with a role in the recently released film, “Sparkle,” and has a romantic Christmas album on the way.
“What Christmas Means” is Kem’s spin on all the holiday classics. But he wants fans to understand what the holiday season is all about through the music.
“Christmas is about Jesus, that’s the foundational aspect, but we all love getting presents, too,” he tells The Huffington Post in a recent interview. “There’s a romantic side to Christmas, whether it’s cuddled up near the fireplace with your significant other, or sharing those intimate moments with the person that you love.”
Ledisi is also a featured artist on the album for “Be Mine for Christmas,” a perfect combination.
The holiday isn’t the only thing in the works. Kem has songs written for the next studio album as well, but he didn’t reveal when it’ll be out.
Watch and groove as Kem performs “Love Calls”:
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here