Since becoming one of the most popular artists in his category, he’s managed to expand his horizon recently with a role in the recently released film, “Sparkle,” and has a romantic Christmas album on the way.
“What Christmas Means” is Kem’s spin on all the holiday classics. But he wants fans to understand what the holiday season is all about through the music.
“Christmas is about Jesus, that’s the foundational aspect, but we all love getting presents, too,” he tells The Huffington Post in a recent interview. “There’s a romantic side to Christmas, whether it’s cuddled up near the fireplace with your significant other, or sharing those intimate moments with the person that you love.”
Ledisi is also a featured artist on the album for “Be Mine for Christmas,” a perfect combination.
The holiday isn’t the only thing in the works. Kem has songs written for the next studio album as well, but he didn’t reveal when it’ll be out.
Watch and groove as Kem performs “Love Calls”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Author of Kids Book Showing Happy Slaves Also Had Reservations
- Former Black Panthers Applaud Beyoncé’s Super Bowl Performance
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here