With the July 24 release of his classical jazz concept album New American Suite by his new trio the Kevin Toney 3, the acclaimed pianist will be showcased on Friday, August 24th with the official CD launch party/concert at Vitello’s in Studio City, CA. By the way, Vitello’s Jazz and Supper Club is at 4349 Tujunga Avenue, Studio City, CA 91604. Their phone number is 818.769.0905
With compositions such as “Spacious Skies,” “E Pluribus Unum” and a dynamic new arrangement of Scott Joplin’s “The Entertainer,” Toney’s New American Suite is a richly inspired salute to the new forward thinking spirit of America that blends traditional acoustic jazz trio music with the compositional expanse of classical movements. The Kevin Toney 3 features Michael Bradford on bass and Chris Coleman on drums.
Kevin Toney first came to prominence as a founding member of the pioneering `70s soul-jazz band The Blackbyrds, a group assembled under jazz legend and educator Dr. Donald Byrd that enjoyed major hits that include the Grammy®-nominated “Walking in Rhythm,” “Rock Creek Park” and “Soft and Easy.”
Toney has reassembled saxophonist Allan Barnes and guitarist Orville Saunders and fleshed them out with others including daughter Dominique Toney on lead vocals and second keyboards. The Blackbyrds also recently performed a return concert engagement at the Morongo Casino (near Palm Springs) on Friday August 17.
Kevin Toney 3 – The New American Suite CD Available Now!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here